In my Next 40 years
June 9th is my birthday. And I am turning 40 eek…. Where has the last 40 years gone. I remember turning 30 and I was so petrified to turn 30 I completely refused to acknowledge the day even existed. One of my favourite country singers Tim McGraw has a song called “my next 30 years”. And for some reason I have been thinking about the lyrics a lot lately. I guess a birthday will do that to you. So I am going to write about my next forty years.
Tim’s lyrics go like this (except I have changed 30 to 40)
I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next Forty years
Hey my next Forty years I’m going to have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next Forty years
My next Forty years I’m going to settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next Forty years
Oh my next Forty years, I’m going to watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next Forty years
My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife (husband)
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next Forty years
So what have I done in my last forty years
- Lived in 4 states of Australia – South Australia, Victoria, NSW and ACT
- Finished High School
- Finished University with a Batchelor of Management Equine Studies
- Travelled to NZ, Pacific Islands, USA, Canada, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England
- Travelled to all states of Australia except Western Australia
- Worked in the fast food industry, horse industry, banking industry and the public sector
- Met the man of my dreams and married him
- Struggled down the IVF journey to have 2 beautiful kids who drive me absolutely crazy and I wouldn’t change it for the world
- Brought 2 houses and then brought a block of land and built our dream house.
- Rode horses and competed in dressage and eventing during my teen and early 20s.
- Climbed Ayres Rock
- Swam with dolphins
- Have been up in light planes and helicopters and in a few weeks can add hot air balloon to the list
- Studied in America on exchange with university for 6 months.
Now to what I want to do in my next forty years
- Hot air balloon ride – to be checked off on the 24th June YAY
- Be happy and love my life
- Not let negative people bring me down
- Travel more – around Australia and around the world again
- Watch my beautiful children grow up to be adults and create their own dream
- As the line in the song says watch my weight and eat a few more salads
- Go on a cruise with the family
- Take my Young Living Business to Diamond 😊 5 year goal
- Quit the 9-5 gig and be there for all my kids school performances and activities
- Spend more quality time with my wonderful husband
The days, weeks, months and years do not stop for anyone. Make the most of it.
Today is my Day One – will today be your day one?
I challenge you to think about what it is that you have always wanted to do and do it. Don’t be scared about your age. Whether you are 18 and just finished school or are at retirement age or somewhere in the middle. Dream big. You have something to offer the world so go get it.
Have a fantastic week
Leave me a comment below and let me know about your next 10, 20, 30 or 40 years.